Jean Morisson and I met Facebook to Facebook, then eventually face to face last month when we had a fabulous girls night out at Gyu-Kaku here in Los Angeles. Don’t let looks deceive you – for an exquisitely petite uber hip chick, she is more than capable of delivering powerhouse vocals with a raw sensuality, and healthy dose of funk from our mutual friend Nile Rodgers, that will have you on your feet dancing before you know what hit you. Congratulations on the success of the new single Jean! As predicted, your killing it!
(New York, NY – October 24, 2012) – Jean Morisson’s independent funky, edgy Pop release, “NAUGHTY featuring Nile Rodgers,” debuts at #40 on the Billboard R&R Top 40 Pop Indicator Chart on October, 23, 2012. This comes at a week where the competition was brutal, with major releases from Bruno Mars, Ke$ha, P!nk, Taylor Swift, PSY, Nicki Minaj, Maroon 5 and Fun.
“NAUGHTY,” just recently released, features the legendary Nile Rodgers on guitars. Nile also appears in the music video, directed by R3Y GUTI3RR3Z, the video game director that directed Jean Morisson’s band’s music video for XBox 360 launch title, Perfect Dark Zero.
Jean Morisson’s sound is a blend of Urban influenced Rock, with an edgy Pop-tinge, reminiscent of Rihanna, Justin Timberlake and Prince, and a live band of virtuoso musicians. As lead singer of MorissonPoe, Jean Morisson has been featured in video game tv shows, and the bands single “Glitter Girl *Evil Side*” premiered on MTV’s Jumbotron in Times Square, with Usher hosting.
Some of you Duran Duran fans will recognize a lot of the all-star cast of musicians collaborating on Jean’s upcoming solo album, “Beauty in the Breakdown” including guitarists Nile Rodgers and Vernon Reid (Living Colour), keyboard player Raymond Angry (The Roots, D’Angelo, Joss Stone) and mixes by Jason Goldstein (The Roots, Beyoncé), and the legendary Bob Clearmountain. The album is scheduled to be released March 2013. Get NAUGHTY ft Nile Rodgers MaxiSingle and now!
Don’t just “whistle while you work” – JAM to NAUGHTY ft Nile Rodgers CLUB MIXES while you build your strength up for all that dancing on your girls night out with this tasty teriyaki tofu dish. While your at it, be sure to join so you can enjoy all my recipes and menu plans!
PS. What kind of music do you like to listen to when you cook? Don’t forget to tell me in the comment box below…
PINEAPPLE TOFU TERIYAKI
Pineapple Teriyaki Tofu
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low-sordium
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 24 ounces extra firm tofu drained (2 packages)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
Pineapple Teriyaki Tofu
- Make sure tofu is well drained (place between paper towels on a plate and weight down to drain for at least one hour), then slice blocks in half.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, brown sugar, orange zest, crushed pineapple, juice, and sesame oil. Add drained tofu halves, and marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Brush the oil over your grill or grill pan to prevent sticking, and heat until sizzling hot. Remove tofu from marinade, and grill 2-3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile pour remaining marinade into a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil, and let reduce for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water into a smooth paste, and add to the teriyaki sauce. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. rn